We are happy to announce that we reached out to our entire adult patient population to ensure that they are aware of the importance of getting vaccinated against COVID-19. We have been able to provide over 100 doses of vaccine ourselves and connect many patients to resources to get successfully vaccinated elsewhere. If you have not yet been vaccinated or boosted and desire to do so, we want our patients to know about where to sign up to get the vaccine now that our supply is gone. Many of the listed sites are offering the primary series and the vaccine boosters without an appointment. Some sites are offering the vaccine for children ages 6 months and up and the booster for children ages 5 years and up.
The best resource is the Maine CDC website at http://www.maine.gov/covid19/vaccines/vaccination-sites.
As of April 23, 2023, the most local options are:
- Southern Maine Health Care walk-in Clinic in Waterboro with walk-in availability M-F 8-4 and in Sanford and Saco with walk-in availability 8am to 7pm daily.
- Bridgton Hospital call 207-520-2917.
- Community Pharmacy Gorham offering walk-in vaccines for ages 12+ (T-F 10-5 and Sat-Sun 10-1), or by appointment for ages 3-11 by calling 839-7892.
- Northern Light Home Care and Hospice call 800-757-3326.
- Hannaford pharmacy (Waterboro, Biddeford, Buxton, Bridgton, Sanford, South Portland, Standish) visit https://www.hannaford.com/pharmacy/covid-19-vaccine
- Nasson Health Care (Sanford) with walk-in availability 9-4 on weekdays or call 490-6900 for an appointment.
- Southern Maine Health Care (Biddeford) call the MaineHealth Vaccine Assistant at 877-780-7545.
- Southern Maine Health Care Walk-in (Sanford 8am-7pm, Waterboro 8am-4pm M-F, Saco 8am-7pm).
- Walmart pharmacy (Biddeford, Sanford, Scarborough) visit www.walmart.com/COVIDvaccine. Drop-in appointments are available.
- Walgreen's pharmacy by appointment only (Cornish, Buxton, Gorham, Sanford, Springvale, Biddeford, Bridgton, Scarborough) visit Walgreens.com/ScheduleVaccine or call 1-800-Walgreens.
COVID-19 Prescription Treatment Access
According to the Maine CDC website, COVID-19 treatment is highly effective at preventing a mild or moderate illness from progressing to becoming severe and life-threatening. Treatment is available for unvaccinated individuals, adults age 50 and older and for other people at high risk of getting very sick from COVID-19, such as those who are immuno-compromised, have chronic lung or kidney disease, have diabetes, or who smoke (For full list, see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html ). It does not replace vaccination.
COVID-19 treatment works best if started within the first 5–7 days after symptoms begin. Treatment is only available for people with COVID-19 symptoms and a positive COVID-19 test, which can include an at-home test. A doctor needs to determine if you are eligible for treatment, and while Drs. David and Kathryn are qualified to prescribe medication, testing cannot be done at our facility, some of the medications require additional lab testing or pharmacy oversight that we cannot provide, and we cannot guarantee that you will be able to get a prescribed medication filled as the number of pharmacies who carry the medications are limited. We highly recommend going to a state designated "Test-to-Treat" location where anyone can go to get tested, be seen by a medical provider, and get treated, with access to medication guaranteed, if deemed appropriate. Some sites offer tele-health options so consider calling ahead.
Visit https://www.maine.gov/covid19/treatment/where-to-get-treated to find a provider nearest you and contact that location for more information before going. As of April 23, 2023, the closest area Test-to-Treat locations are:
- Bridgton Hospital in Bridgton at 330-7352
- Northern Light Mercy Hospital in Portland at 204-8551
- Southern Maine Health Care Walk-in clinics in Waterboro, Sanford, and Saco at 866-722-5165
- Convenient MD Urgent Care in Saco at 751-7991
- Convenient MD Urgent Care in Sanford at 850-5744
- Maine Health Spring Street Health and Infusion Center at 396-7300